ABOUT THE DEANSHIP
Since its establishment in 1990 as the first private university in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Al-Ahliyya Amman University (AAU) has made it its first priority to create an academic and social environment that would qualify it to stand out at the local and regional levels. In this vein AAU has consistently developed academic programs commensurate with the sweeping developments in IT and local and Arab market demands. The Deanship of Academic Research was established in 1998 to oversee the development of basic and applied research. In 2005 it was renamed Deanship of Graduate Studies and Academic Research when AAU, after getting the approval of the Ministry of Higher Education, launched the first graduate program in Law at the Master’s Degree level starting in the academic year 2005-2006. This program motivated AAU to lay the foundations for yet two other graduate programs: clinical psychology and pharmaceutical sciences, launched in 2009-2010. In 2010-2011 AAU introduced three more graduate programs: English literature, communications engineering and business administration. To augment this graduate program drive, AAU has signed an academic cooperation agreement with Edinburgh Business School at Heriot-Watt University to start a joint MBA program to be supervised by AAU. These steps show that AAU has made strides on the road of academic integration, and that it is on the right track in implementing quality assurance standards.
VISION , MISSION & OBJECTIVES
To upgrade the scientific research and graduate studies and link them to issues and problems of the community.
Adopting suitable environment for promoting the scientific research and developing of graduate studies’ programs as well as upgrading it.
- Promoting the culture of scientific research for academic staff and students.
- Supporting and stimulating the scientific research activities as well as offering an appropriate environment.
- Developing of research skills among academic staff and students.
- Encouraging for publishing in the international journals indexed and applicable as well as participating in the specialized scientific conferences.
- Supporting of hold conferences and workshops concerned of issues and needs of the community.
- Leading the scientific research and graduate studies’ programs to serve issues and needs of the community.
- Keeping pace with the contemporary scientific updates and continuous developing for graduate studies’ plans.
- Ensuring the quality of graduate studies in collaboration with academic departments.
- Upgrading the level of Balqa’ magazine and the quality of its content.