This Department was opened in 2007, and it aims to prepare teachers for special education programmes by training them to work with individuals with special needs (students with disabilities and students of exceptional intelligence or talents) in the public and private sectors. The Department aims to produce graduates with impeccable skills and abilities and who will have mastered cutting-edge knowledge in their field. The University has consistently ensured that this Department has distinct faculty members who are capable of delivering quality lectures and conducting research and field work and who waste no effort in their relentless quest for further and more refined knowledge in their field.
Preparing a dedicated staff qualified academically and professionally to offer care to people with special needs and contribute to community service.
- Providing students with the knowledge and skills necessary to deal with people with special needs.
- Developing modern ethical and humanitarian values in dealing with people with special needs.
- Equipping students with the professional skills and theoretical orientation necessary for rehabilitating persons with special needs.
- Developing the skills of faculty members to keep up with developments in special needs research and to grow professionally.
- Cooperation with community organizations to provide services to people with special needs.