English Language & Literature
The Department of English Language and Literature came into existence once the University was founded, and the Translation Department was founded in 2001. These two divisions, which are merged into one Department, boast a distinguished faculty with specializations in literature, translation, and French. Since the Department was founded, it has carried out its work successfully, giving foremost priority to a steady development of its study plan to ensure that it is up-to-date, comprehensive, and keeps abreast with the latest needs and demands of the times. The Department’s Literature division focuses on classical literature and antiquity, but it also gives modern and post-modern literature a lot of attention.
Building students' skills and knowledge in linguistics, English literature, translation, and encouraging research.
- Preparation of qualified graduates in linguistics, literature, and translation.
- Development of faculty members potential and research skills.
- Keeping up with the labor market requirements and new developments through
regular modernization and development of academic programs.
- Openness to world cultures.
- Building effective partnerships with community organizations.