Electrical Engineering major is one of the most remarkable and oldest engineering programs in the world. Due to the local and regional labor market need for the electrical engineering program, it was introduced to the Faculty of Engineering in 2012. Electrical Engineering has a great importance in advancing technical development, as electrical engineers have an effective role in all development plans and their various engineering projects. Electrical engineers design, create and sustain various engineering facilities, such as electrical stations, transportation lines, and distribution networks, in addition to their active role in the design and management of various communication systems as well as engineering project management and cost analysis. Electrical engineers have several job opportunities available in various development fields, whether in government or private sectors in the local, regional, and global labor market.
Our mission is to be distinguished in preparing graduates who are capable of keeping up with the requirements of the local and regional labor markets.
- To provide students with basic engineering principles and support that will
enable them to compete effectively in the labor market.
- To provide students with strong potentials in the basics of electrical power engineering and renewable power engineering, so as to keep abreast with scientific and technological developments in electrical engineering applications.
- To enable students to act as part of a team, and prepare them for continuous
learning throughout their professional lives.
- To qualify graduates so that they can communicate, collaborate and work as a
team and interact with colleagues of all disciplines and diverse cultures.
- To develop students capacity and skills to enable them to solve technical
problems related to the environment which they may encounter in their career
- To develop communication skills for graduates to enable to formulate the
problems they face in a scientific way, and provide advisory services in all
electrical engineering areas that are directly related to the needs of the community.
- To keep abreast of developments and scientific and technological evolutions to meet the requirements of the labor market.