Fifth year students' in Medical Engineering Department doing maintenance for CT-Scanner at Department's workshop under supervision of Dr. Haibat Allah Al-Mtairi.
The study of medical engineering was introduced in 2001-2002 as part of the Department of Electrical Engineering, but was changed into a separate department in 2002-2003. The Faculty of Engineering has made sure that the Department of Medical Engineering would have a distinguished study plan finely tuned to the demands of the local and regional work market, and to the needs of the graduates to pursue graduate work.
Our mission is to achieve an excellent standard for our graduates; to qualify them for keeping up with the technological developments and to provide the institutions of the local and regional health sectors with technical services.
- Developing the students’ competence and enhancing their skills by utilizing the latest technology.
- Providing the marketplace with high-caliber engineering graduates fully aware of
- Keeping in touch with the marketplace and the expectations of
potential employers in the field of medical engineering.
- Attracting distinguished teaching staff from far and wide.
- Creating an atmosphere conducive to academic research.
- Continuously updating the study plan in accordance with the requirements of
the marketplace and the latest scientific and technological developments.
- Sponsoring and taking part in local projects.