The Department of Graphic Design was founded in the beginning of the second semester of 2000. It is a practical major that combines technical and technological knowledge and skills that will qualify the students to become graphic designers who are able to come up with productions using visual aids, such as magazines, newspapers, books, wrapping and animation. It also enables them to launch multi- purpose advertising campaigns.
To train creative designers capable of achieving multifarious graphic designs.
- To qualify students to be capable of coping with changing market place needs.
- To develop the abilities and skills of the academic staff and to encourage
exchange of expertise with other cultures.
- To develop students' design and artistic skills.
- To encourage interaction with local community institutions.
- To activate field trips and encourage interaction with fairs, libraries, museums
and electronic encyclopedia.
- To encourage scientific research and keeping up with modern advances related to the major.