The Department of Architecture was founded in the beginning of the second semester of the academic year 2008/2009. The Department academic staff comprises a group of distinguished full-time graduates of the most prestigious universities and various academic schools of architecture. It also includes creative and experienced architects who possess the required expertise to provide students with modern scientific knowledge. Moreover, the Department includes highly qualified and experienced assistants and lab technicians. To meet the demands of the local market, the students are instructed in the most important architecture theories and modern local and international architecture schools that keep pace with the technological advances in the field of architecture and construction.
To train creative graduates able to reconcile tradition and modernity.
- Providing students with theoretical know-how and practical architectural skills.
- Developing students’ abilities in solving problems and coping with the requirements of modernization whilst upholding tradition.
- Developing the technical skills of the students in architectural work environment.
- Creating able cadres that meet the wants of the marketplace.
- Enhancing professionalism and work ethics in students.
- Consolidating scientific research among faculty and students.